The Community Liberty Management took another beating over the budget, last Thursday night. The homeowners were certain that the stupid idiots had been suckered into the most expensive lawn-mowing deal in the County. This same complaint has been raised in every meeting I've attended. I feel like Bill Murray in that movie where the same day keeps happening, over and over again. For Bill Murray, it was Groundhog Day. For me, it's the homeowner's meeting.
The Community Liberty Managements all deserve medals for coolness under fire. They explained calmly that the lawn-mowing deal they procured is, in fact, the cheapest to be found anywhere. The homeowners backed down, but insisted that the lawn-mowing deal is, nevertheless, the biggest item in the budget. The Management folks ceded the point.
Attention then centered on how to reduce the lawn mowing expenditures, or preferably, eliminate that item from the budget altogether. Innovative ideas were put forth. The best idea, by far, was the one that called for getting grass that doesn't grow. Everybody liked that idea. But the Community Liberty Management said, there's more to it than grass - there's bushes, too. Since no one present knew where to find a bush that wouldn't grow, the matter was tabled, pending further research. That's more or less what happened.
But I came away from the meeting, feeling much improved. Walking out, I was thinking big thoughts, outside the box: of shoes and ships, and astro-turf. And how, for cutting grass, nothing beats a machete.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment